March, 1925: Establishment of the Malayalam wing of the Christian Literature Society. The Malayalam Language wing of the Christian Literature Society (CLS) was established in March, 1925.
Rev. V. P. Mammen, Mr. K. K. Kuruvilla and Mr. T. K. Kuruvilla were Mar Thoma Church members who co-operated with the Anglican Church leaders for the establishment of the Malayalam wing. After many years the name was changed from CLS to CSS (Christava Sahitya Samithy).