25 February, 1925: Inauguration of Vanitha Mandiram. To give training for the women workers of the Mar Thoma Suvisesha Sevika Sanghom, Vanitha Mandiram was established in Tiruvalla in 1925. A Church Mission Society (CMS) missionary Miss. Kellaway from Australia was willing to give the training and necessary leadership. After serving the Vanitha Mandiram for 20 years she returned to Australia in September 1946.
Pages from History: Inauguration of Vanitha Mandiram 1925